Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just a little conflict

I really wonder what makes time go fast. If I were anywhere else, if I were laying along the blue, standing amid a green, or enjoying a few peaceful moments to myself, would time go just as fast? Or, why is it that time seems to rush through the moments we lease want it to, and go unbearably slow at those moment we wish would pass us by quickly? The past few weeks have seemed to pass me by and I haven't even able to experience them. I wonder how 12:00 in the afternoon quickly tranfers to 6:00 in the evening, and I didn't even have a chance to blink? What is life if you cannot even breathe through it? What is a day if it means nothing? What is a week, if you cannot even recall it. What is life, if it is like I am sitting on speeding train, and the scenery I long to see through the window is blurry because of the speed? What worth is my trip, if I can't even experience what is around me.

2 comments:

  1. i've been feeling the same way lately. Along with that, this year has passed by way too fast. I feel like i didnt even get to truly enjoy it, and its already over. I wish there was a way we could somehow stop time when we wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think about this. I feel like we simply do things to fill our time and then in a week, month, or year it's just a distant memory. We can remember the events, but not the smells, tastes, or feelings! I've been on so many amazing trips with family and friends and now all i have are photographs to remind me. Regardless, I feel thinking about and becoming cynical is a waste of time (not that you are. I sometimes feel like i come close) So now i just fill my time and keep filling it, if there's something I really enjoyed I'll do it again. Obviously it won't be the same, but then I can have some recent experiences to fill the missing spots from my last ones.

    ReplyDelete